语境:来都来了,做都做了,买都买了等语境下说的话。
01. Since we're here, we might as well...
来都来了,不如就...
might as well do sth.是一个口语中用来提建议的结构,to suggest doing something, often when there is nothing better to do,表示“(既然没有别的选择)不如就做某事吧,那就做某事吧”。
A: The line is so long!
队伍好长!
B: I know, but since we're here, we might as well wait. We paid for the tickets.
我知道,但是来都来了,就等一等吧,毕竟买了票。
02. We're already here, why not...
已经来了,不如再...
why not可以单独使用,表示“为什么不呢”,后边也可以加动词原形,why not do sth.,为什么不做某事呢,也是提建议的句型。
A: The line for the roller coaster is so long.
好多人在排过山车。
B: Yeah, but we're already here, why not wait a bit? It'll be worth it!
是啊,但是既然都来了,就排一下吧,过山车会很好玩的。
03. We've come all the way here.
我们从大老远过来的。
类似的还有We've come all this way,We came from so far away just for ...,我们从那么远过来就是为了...。
A: I'm not sure I want to see this movie anymore.
我有点不太想看这部电影了。
B: Come on, we've come all the way here, and we've bought the tickets!
还是看吧,我们从大老远过来的,而且票都买了!
04. We've come this far. / We've made it this far.
都已经做了这么多了。
come this far/make it this far表示you have come a long way (or achieved a lot) so there is no point stopping as you are close to the end,走了很远,做了很多,都到这儿了。
A: I don't want to finish this marathon.
我不想跑完这个马拉松。marathon /ˈmærəθən/,马拉松。
B: We've come this far, we can't quit now! Just a few more miles. We can do this!
已经跑了这么多了,不能现在放弃!只剩几英里,我们能行的。
05. Let's make the best/most of it.
尽量利用这个机会吧。
make the best of sth.表示to make an unsatisfactory situation as pleasant as possible,情况和条件不太满意,但是尽量利用起来,比如make the best of a bad job.
make the most of sth.表示to take full advantage of something because it may not last long,充分利用某事,尤其是一些短暂的时光和机遇,比如make the most of your college years。
两个短语的区别在于make the best of隐含情况不太满意、条件有限的意思。
He tried to make the most of his talents,他充分利用他的才能;
He tried to make the best of his talents,他充分利用他的那点才能。
A: The line is so long!
队伍好长!
B: Yeah, but we're here now, let's just make the best of it. We can grab a coffee and relax while we wait.
是啊,来都来了,趁着排队我们可以喝杯咖啡休息一下。
06. Let's see it through.
坚持把事情做完吧。
see it through表示to continue doing a job or activity until it is finished, especially when it is difficult,把一件困难的事情做完,不半途而废。
类似的说法还有Let's finish what we began/started.
A: This project is so difficult.
这个项目好难。
B: Yeah, but we've put a lot of time into it. Let's just see it through.
是啊,但是我们已经投入了这么多时间,还是得坚持把它做完。
07. Stick it out.
忍一忍,坚持下去。
stick it out表示to continue doing something to the end, even when it is difficult or boring,坚持到某件事结束,哪怕很困难或者很无聊。
A: This conference is boring me to death.
这个会议无聊得要死。
B: I know, but it's better to stick it out now. We need the information.
我知道,不过还是忍一忍吧,这些信息对我们有用。
08. Let's make it worthwhile.
努力不能白费。
worthwhile /ˌwɜːθˈwaɪl/ 形容词,“值得的”。
A: This project is driving me crazy!
这个项目快把我逼疯了。
B: I know, but we've put in too much work to give up now. Let's make it worthwhile!
我知道,但是我们做了那么多努力,不能现在放弃,不然全白费了。
根据首字母补充单词,文本左滑查看答案。
S we're here, we m a w do sth.
来都来了,不如就...
Since we're here, we might as well do sth.
来都来了,不如就...。
We're a here, w n do sth.
已经来了,不如再...
We're already here, why not do sth.
已经来了,不如再...
We've c a t w here.
我们从大老远过来的。
We've come all the way here.
我们从大老远过来的。
We've c this f .
We've m i this f .
都已经做了这么多了。
We've come this far.
We've made it this far.
都已经做了这么多了。
Let's m the b /m of it.
尽量利用这个机会吧。
Let's make the best/most of it.
尽量利用这个机会吧。
Let's s it t .
坚持把事情做完吧。
Let's see it through.
坚持把事情做完吧。
S it o .
忍一忍,坚持下去。
Stick it out.
忍一忍,坚持下去。
Let's make it w .
努力不能白费。
Let's make it worthwhile.
努力不能白费。
往期推荐:
分享一个国外App,练听力好玩又好用
“阴阳怪气”用英语怎么说?
推文说明:
这系列推文主要分享那些中文里常说、换成英语就不太会讲的话。每天早晨8点更新。