关注可可英语口语,每天有进步!
课程导读
今天在“翻译”栏目中,我们来聊聊“退”,Let's talk about “Translation of Tui” in today’s program.
【概念】
这条冲上热搜的视频,原语境是关于一则商贩占道经营者和一位男车主的对话的视频,经营者用重复三字诀“退退退”和运气后发出的冲击波已经让男车主招架不住,引来网友们一片哗然,评论区惊现关于“法”的讨论,一个在普法,一个在施法!
课程内容
我们看看能学到什么
词汇积累:Word Bank
1、男司主(男司机):a man driver
2、女性经营者/小商贩:a woman street vendor
3、占道经营:street vending
4、合法:legal
5、不合法:illegal
6、营业执照:permit n.
7、停车位:parking spot
8、物业管理公司:property management company
9、你管不到:It's beyond your reach.
10、我要报警:I’ll call 110. / I'll call the police.
11、让警察来判断/裁决:The police officer will tell you whether it's legal or not.
12、我在这里讹你(等你)/你来啊/你放马过来啊:Bring it on!/ I'm here waiting for you.
13、“退退退”:
关你什么事儿。It's none of your business.
少管闲事。Mind your own business.
谁在乎?Who cares?
回去!Go back!
闭嘴,走开!Shut up and go, man!
别管我!Leave me alone!
(字面理解是back,退后;但是从语境上来说商贩表示是拒绝,和你没关系,你管得着吗?多管闲事的意思,可以说以下句子来表达心情。)
基础口语:对话
M: Who allows street vending here? Do you have a permit?
男:谁让你们在这里卖东西的?你们有没有营业执照吗?
W1: Are you out of your mind?
女1:你有毛病啊?
M: I'm asking you, Do you have a permit?
男:你们有没有营业执照?
W2:It's none of your business.
女2:退!退!退!退!退!退!退!
M: I'll call the police.
男:(手机)立刻报警。
W2: Mind your own business.
女2:退!退!退!
M: There are fewer parking spots here. But you are street vending here.
男:车位少得要死!你们却在这里摆摊?
W2: Go back! Go back! Go back!
女2:退!退!退!
M: Does the property management company allow you to do that?
男:物业允许了吗?
W2: Shut up and go,man!
女2:退!退!退!
M: Do you have a permit? Is it legal for street vending here?
男:你们有没有营业执照?你们是不是属于非法经营?
M2: It's beyond your reach.
男2 :你管不到的。
M: I'll call the police and the police officer will tell you whether it's legal or not.
男:(所以)我报警。让警察来判断。
W1: I'm here waiting for you. / Bring it on!
女1:我在这里等你。
课程笔记
口语转化表达
中级练习:描述
Yesterday a video went viral on the Internet. It was a conversation between a man driver and a woman street vendor. The driver found it hard to park his car because of street vending. He angrily asked the street vendors whether they had permits to run the business or whether it's legal for street vending here.
昨天一段视频在网上疯传。这是一个男司机和一个女街头小贩之间的对话。因为商贩占道经营,司机很难找车位停车。他愤怒地问街头小贩他们是否有经营许可证,或者在这里街头贩卖是否合法。
The woman street vendor seemed that she cast a magic spell on the man by saying “Tui Tui Tui”repeatedly with her hands pushing an intangible sword into the man , which literally means to stay back. To my understanding, she meant “It's none of your business." or “Mind your own business.” Out of his breath, the man driver shouted to call the police. This video has over millions of views and 25,000 comments. What do you think of street vending?
这名街边小贩似乎对这名男子施了魔法,她重复地说着字面意思是“后退”的“退退退”,双手把一把把看不见的剑刺向这位男子。据我所知,她的意思是“不关你的事”或“少管闲事”。那个男司机上气不接下气地喊着要报警。这个视频有超过数百万的点击量和25000条评论。你对街头贩卖有什么看法?
高级输出:评论
“The street-stall and small-store economy is an important source of employment and human culinary culture — it’s part of China's livelihood just as much as larger, high-end businesses,” Li told small business owners. “The country will only get better once markets, enterprises and individual traders get back on their feet and develop. We will give you our support.”
“地摊经济、小店经济是就业岗位的重要来源,是人间的烟火,和“高大上”一样,是中国的生机。市场、企业、个体工商户活起来,生存下去,再发展起来,国家才能更好!我们会给你们支持的。”——李克强
“每天练习一点点,坚持带来大改变”,欢迎收听今天的节目,我们下期节目再见。(所有配图均来源于网络,如有侵权,联系删除)
课代表每天整理群内知识点,用知识卡片帮你搭建语料库!
推荐阅读
点个在看你最好看