语境:经过别人解释或示范,明白了之前不明白的事。
01. Oh, I see!
“噢,我明白了!”
一般是在别人给你解释某事情,或者告诉你新信息之后说的,表示自己明白了,听懂了。
A: I can't open this door.
这门我打不开。
B: You need to twist the handle this way to open it.
门把手要这样拧才能打开。twist /twɪst/ 动词,“拧,扭动,转动”。
A: Oh, I see! I was doing it wrong before. Thanks for showing me.
噢明白了!我刚才拧错了。谢谢你操作给我看。
B: No problem.
不客气。
02. Oh, I didn't know that.
“噢,我之前不知道这个。”
得知新信息之后说的话。
A: Come on, let's go.
来吧,我们走吧。
B: This early? It's only 5:30.
这么早?才五点半。
A: Yeah, the park actually opens an hour earlier during summer.
是啊,公园夏天会提前一小时开门。
B: Oh, I didn't know that. Let's go then.
哦,原来是这样。那我们走吧。
A: It's great in the morning, less crowded.
早上好玩,人少。
03. That makes sense now.
Now it all makes sense!
That explains it.
“现在说得通了。”
make sense表示to be clear and easy to understand,清晰的,可以理解的,有道理的。explain /ɪkˈspleɪn/ 动词,“解释,说明”。
三个句子都表示之前不理解的事情现在终于弄明白了,原来是这么回事儿,原来是这个原因。
A: The project was delayed because we didn't get the materials on time.
项目延期是因为我们没有按时收到材料。
B: That makes sense now. I was wondering why the deadline was pushed.
原来是这个原因。我还在想为什么截止日期延后了呢。
A: Yeah, it was out of our hands.
是啊,材料延迟这事不是我们能控制的。out of one's hands表示one cannot control something,不是某人控制得了的事情,无法掌控的。
04. Now I get it!
Oh, I get it now!
Ah, I understand now!
“现在我明白了。”
get比understand更口语化一点。
A: You need to press and hold the power button for a few seconds to reset it.
要重置,你得长按电源按钮几秒钟。
B: Oh, I get it now! I was just tapping it.
噢我明白了!我刚刚只是轻按了一下。
A: Yeah, holding it down does the trick.
嗯,要按住才行。sth. does the trick表示 it solves a problem or has the result you want,可以解决问题,可以起作用,可以实现想要的效果。
05. So that's how it works.
“原来是这样操作的。”
work在这里表示function,指机器设备等运行、运作。这个句子一般用于表示自己终于明白了某个机器运行的原理,或者明白了怎么操作某个设备等。
A: If you press this button, the whole system resets.
按下这个按钮,整个系统就会重置。
B: Oh, so that's how it works! I didn't know it was that simple.
哦,原来是这么回事!没想到这么简单。
A: Yup, it's pretty easy once you know.
是啊,只要知道了就很简单。
06. So that's how it is!
“原来情况是这样!”
表示自己终于了解事情是怎么回事。
A: He's been working extra hours to save for his vacation.
他一直在加班,为休假攒钱。
B: Oh, so that's how it is! No wonder he's been so busy.
哦,原来是这样!难怪他这么忙。
A: Yeah, he's been planning for it for a while.
是啊,他计划很久了。
根据首字母补充单词,选中文本可查看答案。
Oh, I see!
噢,我明白了!
Oh, I didn't know that!
噢,我之前不知道这个!
That makes sense now.
Now it all makes sense!
That explains it.
现在说得通了,原来是这个原因。
Now I get it!
Oh, I get it now!
Ah, I understand now!
现在我明白了。
So that's how it works!
原来是这样操作的!原来是这个原理!
So that's how it is!
原来情况是这样!
往期推荐:
具体的看书进度,用英语怎么说?
“倒数第几”用英语怎么说?
查看往期日常实用表达月度合集
推文说明:
这系列推文主要分享那些中文里常说、换成英语就不太会讲的话。每天早晨8点更新。